Illnesses or Accidents Abroad – Can I claim?
Holidays should be a relaxing time, we all work hard for our weeks in the sunshine, but if you have been ill and had your holidays ruined through no fault of your own you can make a claim.
Have you or anyone in your family suffered from food poisoning?
Have you had an accident or tripped whilst on holiday and believe someone else was to blame?
You might be surprised to learn that you could claim compensation for your holiday illness or accident.
Poor resort conditions, defective swimming pools, furniture and accidents whilst travelling, or on arranged transport, can all lead to compensation claims. Levels of hygiene and quality of sanitation can have a big effect both whilst at the resort and on your return.
Top tips for an enjoyable holiday:-
- When you arrive at your resort or hotel, check your room for any problems and report any issues.
- Whilst away remember to practice safe hygiene, clean all cups, glasses, plates etc before using in your room. Follow any guidelines on use of water, toilets and bathing
- If you have any allergies, ask a member of staff for details of food ingredients if you are unsure. Check that food is piping hot and that the staff serving you are following safe hygiene practises.
- Make sure you have the correct travel insurance, especially if you are travelling for more than a month, or to a country which may be on a danger list.
- If you are injured or suffer illness, report it to the resort management as soon as possible, obtain medical treatment and keep a documents and receipts in relation to treatments and medications, ensure an accident or incident report is completed and obtain a copy, report to your travel representative if you are on a package holiday, take photographs of a defect or the scene of an accident.
- Ensure you are prepared before travelling, read reviews on the internet, consider appropriate precautionary items to take such as; sun protection, after sun, medications for dehydration, bites and minor conditions
Accidents and illness are unfortunate occurrences and do happen, by taking the above steps hopefully the impact won’t be so traumatic. Check out our Holiday Claims FAQs.
How do I make a claim and what happens when I make a compensation claim for holiday illnesses or accidents?
We will go through with you what happened and give an appraisal of your chances of success.
We will explain the types of compensation and take into account pain and suffering, your specific losses such as medical treatment abroad, loss of earnings on return and costs rehabilitation etc.
How do I pay for my compensation claim?
One of our specialist solicitors will deal with your case on a No Win, No Fee basis and review your case at no cost to you.
Pearson Solicitors are respected throughout the North West for helping people get the compensation they deserve so they can get better quicker.
To speak with a qualified personal injury solicitor call now on 0161 785 3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org