News and Events

More People Are Disputing Their Inheritance (or Lack of It)

View profile for Laura Pracy
  • Posted
  • Author

We’ve recently seen an increase in enquiries from people wanting to challenge a relative’s will or make a claim if they are not provided for – so much so that we have expanded our team. Laura Pracy rejoined us in June and is now working in our litigation department.

If you are not happy with the terms of a will, give Laura a call and she will discuss whether you can challenge the will or make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975) Act.

Bear in mind that a person making their will is entitled to leave their estate to whomever they wish under English law. However, if someone has been left out a will or believes that the deceased should have made better provision for them, then there may be ways to make a challenge.

Contentious Probate FAQs

To help you consider the issues, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions about Inheritance Act claims.


For more information about challenging a will or brining a claim under the Inheritance Act, contact:

Christopher Burke on 0161 684 6941


 Laura Pracy on 0161 785 3500.

Alternatively, you can make an online enquiry.


Please note that the information and opinions contained in this article are not intended to be comprehensive, nor to provide legal advice. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers LLP or any of its members or employees. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from taking, any action as a result of this article.