- Call us today on:
0161 785 3500
Have you got a dispute with your landlord?
Our specialist housing law solicitor helps residential tenants and occupiers of rooms, flats and houses who face difficulties with their landlord on a wide range of issues...
- Housing Association tenancies or Council tenancies
- Private tenancies and long leases
- Complaints about your own landlord such as disrepair
- Unprotected tenancy deposits and what you can do
- Advice on letters, notices or court papers served on you by your landlord
- What the landlord must do to evict you and what your rights are
- What to do if you think you are going to be illegally evicted
- What to do if you are homeless and what your rights are
- How to deal with a claim against you for an injunction
- Problems with Housing Benefit and rent arrears
- How to transfer your tenancy or leave the property
- What to do if someone dies and how it affects the tenancy
- Right to buy or ground rent problems
- Landlord entering the property without your permission
- Complaints about other tenants or your neighbours
We represent tenants or home owners in applications for Anti Social Behaviour Injunctions brought by the Council or Housing Associations. We deal with problems caused by delayed Housing Benefit and rent arrears, possession claims and evictions.
We can advise whether you have any grounds to defend the proceedings and whether you can make your own claim against your Landlord. Our Housing Department holds a Legal Services Commission Contract which means that we can help qualifying clients free under the Legal Help (Legal Aid) scheme and if necessary, apply for Public Funding (formerly known as Legal Aid).
Free Legal Clinics
The department also operates free clinics providing preliminary legal advice on housing matters.
To find out more or to make an appointment, contact Ian Bowen on 0161 785 3500 or make an enquiry.