Our Social Responsibility
Here at Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers we are acutely aware of our surroundings and the people that live and work together in the community.
Our charitable support is often led by our staff who live in the area and have causes close to their hearts and we fully get behind their individual causes.
For 2020 we chose Maggie's Oldham as our charity of the year and our staff got fully involved, due to the pandemic we extended our support into 2021. Obviously the coronavirus pandemic meant we were not able to go into the centre as much as we would like but we have given our time and help in a variety of other ways.
Charity efforts raised £15,000 for Maggie’s and we are proud of all our staff who took part in things including running 5K, knitting, skipping, yoga, the virtual culture crawl and of course the coffee4cash project.
In October 2020 we launched a brand new scheme giving visitors an hours free advice on all aspects of planning a financial future.
The hope is to give a holistic service for visitors to Maggie’s and their loved ones, a wrap around plan to help people relax and know that whatever happens they and their families are taken care of in respect of inheritance planning, estate planning, trusts, lasting powers of attorney, care home discussions and much more.
As a business we are also keen supporters of Make a Will events and over the past few years have given £1,000s in support to the local hospices as part of this scheme.
Here are just some of the local organisations we have helped or sponsored:
- Mahdlo Youth Centre
- MacMillan Nurses
- The Christie
- Maggie's Cancer care
- Saddleworth Concert Society
- The Oldham Business Awards
- Oldham Coliseum
- Oldham Food Bank
- Home Instead - Santa to a Senior
- Saddleworth Festival
- Dr Kershaw’s Hospice
- Oldham College
- North West Air Ambulance
- Saddleworth Mountain Rescue
- The Stroke Association
- Mines Action Group
- Willow Wood Hospice
- BaggyTrousersUK Testicular Cancer Charity
Our commitment to the environment
We also have a serious commitment to our workplace and environment, seeking to minimise our impact on our surroundings.
The team at Pearsons is committed to doing its bit to help the environment and leave a legacy for future generations. Whether that is reducing our office waste or through initiatives like our 'Planting Roots for the Future'.
- All confidential documents are shredded and recycled once scanned onto our system, which reduces our paper waste.
- We encourage staff to print black and white and not use colour. Frequent emails are also issued to cut down on paper and only print whenever necessary, we continually alert staff to environmental awareness.
- Our old office furniture is recycled by donating it to shelters and other charity organisations and our redundant desks and chairs have gone to furnish the offices of local charities.
- Wherever possible we have low energy saving light bulbs.
Our main Oldham office is an old building, a former gentleman’s club. From the outset in redeveloping this building our Partners have been keen to sympathetically retain the features of the building, whilst ensuring the installation of up to the minute technical support systems to meet the needs of a busy practice.
The same high standards have been applied to our mill development in the North Manchester office and our new development in Tameside, a former public house and brewery dating back to 1827.
For further information please call 0161 785 3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.org