Advice For You

Inheritance Disputes

Losing a loved one is a difficult and emotional time. When a person dies their Estate will be distributed either under the terms of their Will or if there is no valid Will, then under the Intestacy rules.

Your situation can often be made even more upsetting if you have not been provided for as you would have expected, leading to claims to dispute the Will or an Inheritance Act claim.

When can a Will be contested?

A Will may be capable of being challenged in one of the following circumstances:

  • It was not validly executed e.g. if the Will is not signed or witnessed incorrectly it can be invalid.
  • The Deceased didn’t have capacity when the Will was made.
  • Undue Influence was applied when the Will was made.
  • The Deceased did not have the required knowledge and approval of the contents of the Will.
  • The Will is Forged or Fraudulent.

Claims under the Inheritance Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 – (‘Inheritance Act’)

If a reasonable provision hasn’t been made for you or a family member, either under the terms of the Will or under the Intestacy rules, you still may be able to bring a claim under the Inheritance Act. Certain individuals can apply to the Court for reasonable financial provision to be made from the Deceased’s Estate.

Inheritance disputes can often cause friction between families and can be distressing for everyone involved. Our specialist expertise and proven track record in Inheritance disputes allow us to guide our clients, as quickly as possible, to successful outcomes with compassion and understanding.

How we can help you.

Call us today on 0161 785 3500 (or fill in the form and we will call you back) and we provide a no obligation, no cost, initial consultation to assess your case. We can then discuss the next steps with you and discuss funding options including if we can work on your claim on a No Win, No Fee basis.

We work for clients across England and Wales and investigate all options to provide advice to you.

Contact us today to discuss your case with a qualified member of our Inheritance and Wills Disputes Department. Alternatively, complete and submit the form for us to contact you to discuss your case.