Dental Blunder injects bleach in patient
A dentist who injected a bleach solution into the exposed cavity of his patient has been found negligent and Pearson Solicitors recovered £10,000 for our client in compensation.
The patient, Miss Z, from London, had to be taken to hospital by ambulance following the botched procedure and suffered paralysis of the face and neck and some permanent nerve damage. The injection also caused her to suffer from intra-oral traumatic ulcers.
The John Dineen Dental Practice, Leyton, has now introduced different coloured bottles for different solutions so this does not happen again.
Dentist, Dr R Khan, working at the practice injected Miss Z with sodium hypo-chlorite, a household bleach solution used in many practices, instead of chlorhexidine. The Practice admitted the error.
Speaking after the case was settled, Janet Dunkerley, nurse adviser at Pearson Solicitors said: “We are pleased that negligence was admitted in this case, our client suffered unnecessarily and we were able to deal with her complaint quickly and efficiently."
“It is not relevant where a client lives as this case shows. The client did not have to visit our offices and the case was run efficiently via email and telephone calls.”
For further advice on compensation for dental errors call Janet on 0161 785 3500 or email firstname.lastname@example.orgSubscribe to our newsletter
Please note that the information and opinions contained in this article are not intended to be comprehensive, nor to provide legal advice. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers Ltd or any of its members or employees. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from taking, any action as a result of this article.
This blog was posted some time ago and its contents may now be out of date. For the latest legal position relating to these issues, get in touch with the author - or make an enquiry now.