Financial & Legal News

More People Are Disputing Their Inheritance (or Lack of It)

  • Posted on

We’ve recently seen an increase in enquiries from people wanting to challenge a relative’s will or make a claim if they are not provided for – so much so that we have expanded our team. Laura Pracy rejoined us in June and is now working in our litigation department.

If you are not happy with the terms of a will, give Laura a call and she will discuss whether you can challenge the will or make a claim under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975) Act.

Bear in mind that a person making their will is entitled to leave their estate to whomever they wish under English law. However, if someone has been left out a will or believes that the deceased should have made better provision for them, then there may be ways to make a challenge.

Contentious Probate FAQs

To help you consider the issues, you can read our Frequently Asked Questions about Inheritance Act claims.


For more information about challenging a Will or bringing a claim under the Inheritance Act, contact:

Laura Pracy on 0161 785 7921 or Christopher Burke on 0161 684 6941

Alternatively, you can make an online enquiry.


Please note that the information and opinions contained in this article are not intended to be comprehensive, nor to provide legal advice. No responsibility for its accuracy or correctness is assumed by Pearson Solicitors and Financial Advisers Ltd or any of its members or employees. Professional legal advice should be obtained before taking, or refraining from taking, any action as a result of this article.

This blog was posted some time ago and its contents may now be out of date. For the latest legal position relating to these issues, get in touch with the author - or make an enquiry now.

Written by Laura Pracy


    How can we help?

    Please fill in the form and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.