Advice For You


Our team of child law solicitors understand that making arrangements for the children following a separation can be emotional and difficult.  We achieve excellent results for our clients and are here to provide expert child law advice.

Child Arrangement, Residence & Contact

Whether you wish to formalise the living arrangements for a child, agree contact arrangements, agree parental responsibility or need advice on grandparents rights, our child law advice can be trusted.

We endeavour to avoid court proceedings by adopting a practical conciliatory approach to our cases. We will advise you in respect of alternative dispute resolution including mediation.

However, in some circumstances the Court will need to be involved. The Court can make various orders including:-

  • Child Arrangement Order – here the Court can be asked to determine who a child lives with  (residence) and when a child spends time with the other parent (contact).
  • Prohibited Steps Order - this is an Order which prevents a person from taking a particular action, such as removing the child from a particular place or the care of a particular person.
  • Specific Issue Order - this is an Order to determine a specific issue such as the change of a child’s name, or choice of school.

We also understand that delay is not in the best interests of you or your child and as such we will ensure your case is dealt with quickly and efficiently.

We have solicitors who are members of Resolution, which is an organisation that promotes an approach to family law that is sensitive and constructive. Our aim is to help you move forward, in a way that works best for you and your children.

Child Law Advice

The Pearson family team are based across four office locations in Oldham, Milnrow, Failsworth and North Manchester (Junction 22 of the M60).

Call us on 0161 785 3500 today for an initial consultation about how we can help you sort out your children arrangements. Email the child law solicitors or use our online enquiry form and we’ll call you back.