Transfer of Equity - Transfer of Ownership
Whatever the reasons you are seeking a Transfer of Equity or Ownership Pearson Solicitors have the knowledge and expertise to protect your interests.
Whether you are getting married, divorced, undergoing tax planning, newly cohabiting or have inherited property, our specialist Conveyancing team has the experience and expertise to make sure the process is as simple as possible for all parties involved.
- A Transfer of Ownership (sometimes referred to as an Assent) is when the owners of a property have died and the property is to be transferred under the terms of the Will to the named beneficiaries.
- A Transfer of Equity is when the interest in the property or land owned is sold, transferred or gifted to another owner or owners where one of the existing owners remains on the title.
As part of the process, owners can be either be added, removed or both.
Reasons for a Transfer of Equity / Transfer of Ownership
Some of the reasons you may choose to transfer a property are:
- If you are dealing with the estate of a deceased family member or friend and need to transfer the property to the beneficiaries named in the will.
- If you have a new partner or are just married and wish to transfer your existing home into joint names.
- If the interest in your property needs to be transferred following a divorce or breakdown of a relationship.
- If your Tax Adviser has advised you to transfer a share of the property to another member of the family.
- If you wish to gift your share or a share in your property to a family member.
Like when re-mortgaging, a conveyancing solicitor is a key part of the process. Individuals can do it themselves at the Land Registry if there is no mortgage on the property. However, there are potentially many legal implications and it is not always as easy a just signing a piece of paper.
There are many legal implications that result from both actions and our expert Conveyancing Team will ensure that documents are drafted and served properly. Whether you are being added or removed from the deeds we will ensure that you are fully aware of your obligations and all matters pertaining to the property.
At Pearson Solicitors our Conveyancing solicitors will take care of the whole process for you, ensuring you are able to add or remove people from title deeds. We will also communicate when necessary with third parties such as mortgage lenders and advise you on any stamp duty that may be payable on the transfer of property or equity.
With years of experience working on cases like yours, we are happy to help, no matter what your issue. We will guide you through the process from start to finish, providing support and guidance to give you peace of mind that everything is being properly taken care of and will be sorted out speedily and efficiently.
If you are being added or removed from the Deeds to a property or land call us today on 0161 785 3500 to discuss how we can help you.