How much does conveyancing cost?
Free Online Instant Conveyancing Quotes, First Time Buyers, Remortgages, New Builds, Downsizers, Upsizers,
The average house price in the North West is £185,746 (source Right Move). Our fees are based on average house prices, they vary according to the property price.
Buying a house
Our legal fees to act on the purchase of a property at the North West average purchase price are £870 inclusive of VAT
Selling a house
Our average legal fees to act on the sale of a property at the North West average are £870 inclusive of VAT
Lots of lenders offer free legals as part of the re-mortgage package and we always recommend that clients contact the lender to discuss if they need a Solicitor in this regard. If a solicitor is required our fees are £780 inclusive of VAT
- Notice of transfer fee: This fee if chargeable is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- Notice of charge fee:(if the property is to be mortgaged) – This fee is set out in the lease. Often the fee is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- Deed of covenant fee:This fee is provided by the management company for the property and can be difficult to estimate. Often it is between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- Certificate of compliance fee:To be confirmed upon receipt of the lease, as can range between 0 - £250 plus VAT
- HM Land Registry fee: Fee calculator
- Search fees: Vary from each Local Authority but for a typical property in the Oldham are we estimate £298.67 - prices could increase subject to location of the property
- Telegraphic Transfer fees: mortgage redemptions and purchase monies have to be sent by CHAPs and there is a fee of £48 inclusive of VAT for each transfer required
- Land Registry searches/documents: £3 each document most transactions require between 1-2 documents at least
- AML searches: Under current Money Laundering rules we are required to carry out an electronic check from an independent source we are charged £9.95 per search
- Gifted Deposit: For those obtaining a gifted deposit from more than two people we charge an additional £100 plus VAT for the additional work involved
- Help To Buy ISA: £60 per ISA
*These fees vary from property to property and can be significantly more than the ranges given above. We can give you an accurate figure once we know who the management company and/or freeholder are. The notice fees are set by the management company/freeholder and we have no control over these charges.
Prices and disbursements are subject to change dependent on factors including property value - for a full quote and full breakdown of related disbursements please use our residential conveyancing calculator for a free quote without obligation: Online Conveyancing Quote