Legal Services for Landlords
Buying property to rent out is a popular form of investment. Whether you are considering this type of “buy to let” investment for the first time or are an established landlord, we can help you make the most of your investment.
How we can help you -
There is a wide range of issues for landlords to consider:
- Applicable regulations
- Purchasing/selling a buy-to-let property
- Dealing with letting agents
- Landlord and tenant relationships
- Tenancy agreements
- Stamp duty on purchases of investment properties or second houses
We can also introduce our clients to other professionals for non-legal advice such as in relation to tax, mortgages. We work in tandem with our own financial services team who can provide investment advice.
Preventing property fraud
With the recent rise in property fraud, there are a number of steps landlords can take to ensure they do not fall victim to fraudsters. For example:
- the Land Registry operates a free property monitoring service for all those who feel like a registered property could be at risk from fraud. We recommend that all our clients signed up to this service. Here’s the link: https://propertyalert.landregistry.gov.uk/;
- whether you are a company or an individual, we can also help you to protect your properties from fraud by adding a restriction to the title (known as a “RQco restriction” or a “RQ restriction”).
We can discuss the benefits of these services and guide you on how to deal with other risks you might face as a landlord.
- Legal services for Landlords and Tenants
- Disputes relating to leases of commercial property
- What are "SIPPs" and how are they used in commercial property purchases?
- Investing in buy to let or a second home? Remember there are stamp duty changes ahead
- Selling or buying property by auction