- Call us today on:
0161 785 3500
Employment law services for Businesses
Employment law isn't just a minefield, with ever-changing UK and EU legislation, it's a field in which the mines keep moving! Using our up-to-the-minute knowledge and expertise, we can help you to avoid or at least minimise workplace issues saving you time, money and trouble. And with the Brexit around the corner, we can help you navigate the changes that lie ahead.
Our promise: transparent, flexible, tailored legal fees from the outset
Our employment team provides you and your human resources team with guidance and strategic support.
Whether you are reviewing your Employment Contracts, dealing with Redundancies, implementing New Workplace Policies. trying to manage Employees Social Media usage, the legalities of TUPE, protecting your Businesses Confidential Information or just dealing with the day-to-day running of your business, our employment team has the specialist experience to help you achieve your commercial objectives.
How can we help?
We advise on all aspects of employment law and industrial relations with minimum fuss and a focus on being practical, pro-active and cost effective. Working closely with your HR or management team, we can provide strategic or emergency advice on the following:
- Wrongful or unfair dismissal claims
- Age, sex, race or disability discrimination
- Breach of contract
- Restrictive covenants and confidentiality
- Boardroom disputes
- Executive service agreements
- Executive terminations
- Maternity rights and parental leave
- Business reorganisations / restructures
- Transfers of undertakings (TUPE)
- Holiday entitlement
- Absence control
- Disciplinary procedures
- Grievance procedures
- Representing employers at Employment Tribunals
- Statutory sick pay
We work with Company Directors, Business Owner, HR Professionals and SME's who need expert employment law advice. Working closely with our Company and Commercial team, we also advise on a whole host of boardroom strategies and issues.
1-2-3 Employment Protect: our rapid response package
We also offer a simple, user-friendly, employment law service that supports your business and human resources team. For an annual fixed-cost, 1-2-3 Employment Protect’ offers a three-part employment law service which includes:
- A compliance review of your existing contracts, policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Support with strategic planning and regular updates to help you avoid employment claims.
- Access to a dedicated employment solicitor - when you need it - to help you make both day-to-day and more complex decisions.
We can also arrange full indemnity insurance to cover tribunal or legal fees.
Click here to find out more.
Representing you at Employment Tribunals and Employment Appeal Tribunals
Our goal is to help you avoid a costly visit to the Employment Tribunal. However, from time to time, clients do need us to represent them at a tribunal hearing. To find out how a tribunal works, click here to watch our mock tribunal video: it helps employers understand what can happen on the day.
We've gathered together some of our articles and guides on recent hot topics relating to employment law on this page: Articles, guides and checklists on employment law. It contains, for example, links to:
Guidance on the effect of the Brexit: our guidance note for employers and their HR teams on the effect of the UK vote to leave the EU: Business as usual for employers pre Brexit (yes, but no but...) (July 2016).
- Key, current, employment and employment compensation pay rates (which the government updates on an annual basis) here.
Employment Law News